If at this point on Super Bowl Sunday, you haven’t come up with a strategy for your game day snack for yourself and anyone you might be watching the game with, this is your 2-minute warning! But unlike how things work in the NFL, I not only give you your 2-minute warning, I give you a great idea for your next play: Guiltless Turkey Nachos!
We make these in the kitchen, and customers and staff love them. They’re very tasty, and with the modifications we’ve made to keep them healthy, there’s no guilt involved in enjoying them. The following recipe is for a serving for 1 person, since my crystal ball is a little cloudy on not only who’s going to win today’s game but how many people are going to be watching it with you. Just multiply the recipe by the number of folks who are going to be digging in. And since it’s late in the game, you should know that, in addition to tasting great without adding weight, these nachos can be made in a snap! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist one more football reference;) Enjoy!
Guiltless Turkey Nachos: 340 Calories
1 brown rice tortilla (or whole wheat)
¼ cup pinto beans
¼ cup salsa
2 oz. cooked lean ground turkey
¼ cup 2% Mexican cheese
2 tsp. chopped cilantro
2 tsp. chopped green onion
2 tsp. chopped jalapeños
- Spray the tortilla w/olive oil cooking spray and cut into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Place 6 of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a plate.
- Spread beans on chips.
- Toss turkey in salsa and then spread over beans.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of turkey, and then top with cilantro, onions, and jalapeños.
- Microwave or bake in oven when ready to eat.