Labor Day weekend is here, and while the end of the summer is usually marked with barbeques and beers, there are ways to celebrate while being healthy. We have rounded up some of our favorite food blogs, recipe websites, and cooking networks who are sharing their favorite healthy recipes for Labor Day. You will be sure to find something delicious that won’t make you pack on the pounds.
- Eating Well – grilled skirt steak with corn-tomato relish, caprese zucchini casserole, heirloom tomato salad and more
- Taste of Home – grilled chicken with mango skewers, basil grilled corn on the cob, grilled mushroom kebabs and more
- Skinny Fitalicious – paleo red pepper zucchini frittata, low fat strawberry oatmeal cookies, Greek yogurt grape popsicles and more
- Lexi’s Clean Kitchen – roasted eggplant dip, melon salad with prosciutto, Colombian-style salsa and more
- All Recipes – yellow squash casserole, roasted okra, best fried green tomatoes and more
- Food Network – corn salsa, grilled sweet and spicy chicken wings, turkey club kebabs and more
- Love & Lemons (Vegetarian) – spicy watermelon margaritas, chipotle cauliflower nachos, mini stuffed peppers with pineapple salsa and more
- Eat This – smoked salmon sandwich, grilled chicken and avocado salad, shrimp mango summer rolls and more
Labor Day marks the end of the summer and what better way to celebrate than to cook with fresh, summer ingredients. Explore these recipe collections to find new ways to use all of your favorite late-summer fruits and veggies such as peaches, zucchini, corn on the cob, and of course, tomatoes.
Preparing for Autumn
California Chef is always here for you, cooking up delicious healthy recipes and seasonal meals, and delivering them right to your door. Stay tuned for our fall menu specials and contact us with any questions that you may have.