If you are feeling dizzy and overwhelmed by all that is happening this year, you are not alone! 2020 has proved to be challenging on many different levels: from the COVID-19 pandemic, to the current wildfires across the west coast, from political and election year drama, to having the kids home from school all of the time. Working from home, virtual learning, travel restrictions, a global recession looming – the list goes on and on! If you are struggling to stay calm throughout what might be the craziest year in modern history, you may want to try out some of these self-care tips to ease your mind and body.
1. Stick to a routine – having a routine allows your body and mind to relax a little by having something to rely on. Getting enough sleep, eating at regular intervals, and exercising daily are all routine activities that you should be incorporating into your schedule at the same time each day.
2. Eat well – self-care involves taking care of both the mind and the body. One of the surest ways to help your body feel strong and healthy is by feeding it healthy, clean food. Be picky about what you consume and make an effort to maintain a nutritious diet.
3. Use soothing techniques and products – from practicing meditation, to using essential oils, find something or multiple things to help you feel calm and grounded.
4. Limit your media/news consumption – with everything that is going on in the world right now, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by getting caught in the news cycle. If you wish to stay up-to-date, limit your time watching, reading, and scrolling through news to a set amount of time each day.
5. Spend time outside – there is nothing better for a stressed body than spending some time outdoors. Take a walk in the sun, have a picnic on the weekend, or take a drive with the windows down to help you clear your mind.
Get Healthy Meals Delivered
California Chef is here to provide you with clean, nutritious, no-contact delivery meals during these stressful times. Eat well without the added stress of grocery shopping or cooking. Sign up today and head on over to our menu to see what we’re cooking up.